Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mancala

I recently unloaded all of my boxes from our storage unit. (Uhggggg) I found my old Mancala game that I bought while in the teaching program at CWU. It is such a cute set with jungle animals for pieces. Anyway, I decided to teach Gage how to play. He loves it and wants to play it at all times. He gets it better than I thought he would. I do have to direct him alot of the time and remind him when he gets another turn and so forth, but overall, he does well. It sure beats watching Blues Clues all day. (He just got two new videos from aunts that spoil him!) The only problem is that Kyah has an obsession with eating the pieces. They are pretty! Here are a few pics I took.







2 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

It's so cool to hear about games that kids like to play. John gets obsessed with little pieces, so I know he would love that one -- I think my husband played it as a kid. I'll stick your list in my pile of things to post when I don't know what to do. I enjoyed reading what you write, and I buy most of my clothes from Target.

Amy

kg said...

My grandparents had this game and I loved to play it.