So this book was announced in the middle of Aug. and I didn't get it read, so I moved it to September's book too. And yes, I read it.
OK, so did anyone end up reading it????
As far as reading books goes, I mostly look for one that is going to entertain me. I'm not looking for knowledge on new subjects, or how well a book is technically written, I just want to be entertained and to get some relaxing time at night. With that said, here's what I thought about the book.
I liked the book in the entertainment category. This one actually had me pondering the situation. How would I feel if I were Nora??? Would I want to know that I had a child out there? I felt that the answer for me would be yes. However, with Nora, I kept going back and forth. I wanted her to know, but I didn't want her to feel the anger she would at her husband. And then as time went on and on, I kind of felt like she could be spared more hurt if she didn't know. I knew that if she did find out that Phoebe was alive, she would never really have a motherly relationship with her. When her then ex-husband died suddenly (SHOCKER), I knew that I wanted her to know. I was glad that she found out. I was surprised that she still moved to France. I don't think I could have done that.
Also, I was kind of upset that the relationship between Paul and his Dad never really did fix itself.
And wasn't it a little weird that he went back to his home as a child and met a teenage pregnant girl??? I was glad that they were friends so he wasn't alone. (When I say he, I'm referring to the "Memory Keeper." For some reason I can't remember his name at the moment.)
Well, those are my thoughts on the book. How did you like it??
P.S. There are times that I read for knowledge, this book just isn't one of those times. :)
Also, let's vote on Oct. book of the month.
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. The Da Vinci Code
3. The Host
4. Twilight
8 years ago

3 comments:
Okay, I know I'm not a part of your book club, but The DaVinci Code is the one book on your list that I haven't read. I did see the movie and the albino freaked me out a little, but if you choose this book, I would probably read it with you. Brandon got it when it first came out and I just never got around to reading it.
I'm totally the same way, I like to read to relax and go somewhere else. I don't want a book that will challenge me. That's what my kids are for!
oh how i wish i had time to read =) my goal is to start in november, and i would love to read the da vinci code.
Post a Comment