Sunday, October 05, 2008

Pretty Girl Turns 3!!


I don't know how my baby got to be three years old, but it's official. She is three now! This is the last picture I took of her at age two. Taken two days ago while hiking around a lake.


In honor of her birthday, we had the family over for dinner and cake. We all had a good time. We ate pizza, chips with spinach artichoke dip, apples with yummy cream cheese dip, and of course cake (apple crisp for those who didn't like cake).
Here we are singing to her.


We had an Ariel cake. Kyah put the little fishies on herself.


She got lots of fun presents from everyone. She got new books, a Cinderella doll and wand, pretty sparkly pink shoes, princess jammies, my little ponies, my little petshop animals, and I think her favorite is her new big sleeping beauty doll that sings.



Gage went around taking pictures. I love it when he does that and he enjoys it too. Here are some of his pics.




And of course, a self portrait.



Kyah is a fun girl. She has such a cute little sense of humor. She is definitely going to be my humorous child. She loves to make people laugh. Her favorite word is "bebe." I don't know why or where it came from, but she adds it to things to make it funny. For instance, she'll say, "Are we having macaroni and cheese bebe." And then she'll giggle. She also loves to do her own thing, her own way. She is very independent. She chooses her outfits and tell me what I can do with her hair. The options she allows are, princess twisties, princess loops, princess ponies, or a mini pony. That's about it. As you can tell she loves all things princess. She does have a sporty side too. She can hang with Gage and the boys playing with balls and bats outside. She is also very very sensitive and protective of her brother. When we pick Gage up after school she yells, "hey buddy, hey buddy" and waves as soon as she can see him. It's very cute. She is my social gal too. She waves to everyone!! It doesn't matter where we are, she is being social. Even driving down the road, she'll wave to the runners and bikers. We love her very much! Today when I got her up, I said, "Happy Birthday!!!" She responded with, "I just want to be little today." I don't know where that came from, but I just want to keep her little today too! At least for a little while. She's growing up so fast! We love her so much!

8 comments:

danakat said...

Happy Birthday to your little miss! My little man turns 3 tomorrow. It goes by fast, huh?
(sniff sniff)
But I wouldn't change a thing! :)

Andi said...

How fun! She sure seems sweet. I love the cake!

Michelle said...

Happy BIrthday Kyah! Wow, those three years really did fly by. Glad she enjoyed her day!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!! My buddy turns 3 next month, oh how time flies..

Keep them little...

T-Lo said...

Holy cow my girl. Look at her little face all mature looking in her pictures. Too gorgeous!!

Courtney said...

I love that she said she wants to stay little! :) dont we all... those were more simple days!

Lisa Danielson said...

Happy Birthday! Boy how time flies. We totally need to get together!! call me! 492-1156

Andrea said...

Angster, your kids are adorable. They look so much like your husband. WE SHOULD GO SEE sTEVE SOMETIME TOGETHER. CAPs were on.