Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rainier to Ruston IV

This is the fourth year in a row I've participated in the rainier to ruston relay. The first two years was with Brad,Kylee, and three friends. Last year and this year we switched to an all family team. We had so much fun! Kylee was feeling super sick this year due to having her wisdom teeth out, so she couldn't run. Jeff picked up an extra leg and Kimm took on a leg. Kylee ended up driving out to meet us and walked Kimm's leg with her eventhough she wasn't feeling well. At the end of each leg, the runner gets to ring the bell and slap hands with the teammate running the next leg. there are 12 legs total. Here are some videos and pics.


Up at Mt. Rainier for the start.

The Start. Jeff.

Jeff is the one in the white shirt that waves to me and then poses funny to start.


The day wouldn't be complete without some throwing rocks over the edge of the bridge.



Leg Two. Linserelli. This video is of Jeff finishing and Lindsay starting.


Leg Three. Hunter. He was soooooo fast!

Leg 4. Braddy


Leg 5. Me.

Leg 6. Kimm and Kylee

Leg 7. Jeff.


Leg 8. Lindserelli.





Leg 9. Jeff



Leg 10. Braddy.


Leg 11. Me. Can I just tell you this was a crazy leg! They changed it from last year and it was an adventure. The first 2 miles were in sand. Then I was trailblazing through a jungle, and then I wasn't sure where to go when the gravel road ended and infront of me was a railroad bridge. Turns out I had to crawl underneath it. So crazy. I had to call Jeff from my cell phone twice to make sure I was going the right way.

The railroad bridge behind me is one of the two I climbed under.



Leg 12. Hunter Finishing.



Everyone at the finish.

We had so much fun! Can't wait until next year! Read Kimm's blog to get the funny details of the day.

6 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

so glad you had a good time! it looks like alot of fun. thanks for taking the box up for me!!

McCray Family said...

Congrats! You all did a great job! WOOHOO!

Analee and Joe said...

Looks like fun! Your trail was right by my house on Levee road.

Brandon and Amber said...

You're all awesome!

T-Lo said...

Sorry I couldn't be there. I haven't been feeling well lately. Looks like the Hanni clan ripped it up though.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

So fun!! I was tempted to ring one of the bells when I was running my 22 miler on the Orting trail.. If you need a non-family filler next year let me know :)