Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Angela Reads a Book- Five Actually

For some reason, in the month of December, I became a crazy reader and read 5 books. Not little kiddie books, full fledged novels! Here are my reviews.

1. Twilight


2. New Moon



3. Eclipse




The first three are actually a series by Stephenie Meyer. I loved loved loved all three books. I couldn't put them down. If I had to choose my fave of the three, it would be the third book, then the first, then the second. Have you read these? Which was your favorite?
My only critique is that I wish the main character would save herself for once and not have to be rescued all the time. But I still loved them and would recommend them to anyone. (I'm not saying too much on purpose because I don't want to spoil anything.) The forth book, New Dawn is scheduled to come out this fall! CAN'T WAIT.

4. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

This is the same guy that wrote The Notebook. I thing The Choice is his latest novel. I liked this book. It kept me entertained and it has a little twist towards the end that keeps you up all night reading to figure out what on earth is going on.

5. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale


I loved this book too! I really really loved this book. It is another young adult book. (The twilight series is considered young adult.) I love that the main character has to go through struggles and trials to figure out who she really is and what she can be. It's just such a feel good story that kept me totally entertained the whole time. There are two follow-up books that I have not read yet. I would recommend this book to all of my girlfriends!


Last night I started Love in the Time of Cholera. I'm excited. Oprah loves it, so I'm sure I will too. :)

What's your favorite book? What are you reading right now?

10 comments:

kg said...

Wow! You are reading....I'm going to read New Moon next :)

Fun to chat!!

Team Hanni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Hanni said...

I have been on the fence about the Twilight series. Are they scary? Really, I have to know if I am going to dive in. I'm such a baby.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to get "The Choice" at the library, unless the book I just ordered arrives (The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer by Whitsett, Dolgenes, and Kole).

Michelle said...

Wow, that is a lot of books to read in one month! I am currently reading The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman... it was a recommended book by the teacher of the parenting class Kyle and I are taking through our church. It's been really insightful so far!

Brandon and Amber said...

Brandon started the craze of the Twilight series in the girls of the Peterson family. He bought them for me when I had my back surgery in October and I read them all within a week. Then Laura got hooked, followed by Erin, and Jana just read Twilight over Christmas. We love Edward! :)

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

I guess I need to read the series. It seems nearly everyone has! I've been wondering if I'll like them but I love series so I am sure I will! Exactly when did you have time to read so much!

danakat said...

OMG!!!!! I am in love with Twilight and Edward!!!
I literally read one a day.
I am not even kidding.
I sat at the kitchen table for book 2 and let everything explode around me. And for book 3, I stayed up until 5 just because I HAD to finish it!
I love that others are in as deep as I am.

I haven't read The Goose Girl, but I did read another book by that same author...austenland...SO GOOD!!!

McCray Family said...

I will have to check out that series, I have been reading Harlan Coben books, they are awesome suspensful, whodonit kind of books that rock. They would make great movies, not sure why they haven't yet...So thats what I am reading lately.

Kimm said...

I have a edward tatoo!!

Anonymous said...

I just finished the Twilight series, too -- thank heavens for a break from school. I'm with you -- Bella drives me nuts. I don't see how everyone is in love with that chick, and I kind of wish she would've gotten killed off in the end :-)

I remembering hearing "Love In The Time of Cholera"...I want to read it, too. I just started reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". It's pretty good so far, and it's set in Lexington, KY... so I don't see how it couldn't be good!