Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Emotional Stress

That is what I think caused Kyah to wake up with a LARGE cold sore on her upper lip. Poor thing. (Now I know that back when she had all those sores in her mouth, it really was her first exposure to the cold sore virus. ARGGGGG!) I called the nurses hot line to see if I could use Abreva on her cold sore and she said they are caused by being sick (nope), exposure to sun (nope), or emotional stress (BINGO). So I'm feeling badly that she has a cold sore, but feeling even more badly that she's having emotional stress from this move. It's been hard on Gager too. He woke up last night crying and all he wanted was for me to rock him for awhile. I guess I haven't been giving them the attention they are used to because of all the preparation going into this move. *sigh* I can't wait to have this over with and to get back into a routine again. Poor Kiddos.


You really can't see it in this pic. But you can tell her upper lip on the left side is swollen. It was way more swollen this morning and the actual sore part of it is at least a centimeter long. Oucher.

3 comments:

Lisa Danielson said...

Shoot! Poor Kyah!Let me know if you need any help once you get down here. My kids would love some playmates!

Mama Nirvana said...

Two posts in a row with AAARRRGG! in it -- not good! I hope that all of the rest of the moving stuff goes as smoothly as possible and that you are settled in your new spot in no time.

Amy

Team Hanni said...

Ang,

I am so sorry you are dealing with another Kyah cold sore - hopefully this one won't be as horrible as the first exposure.

I wish I could scoop up those adorable kids and play with them until the move is over and done with. Somehow everyone will survive. Try not to be hard on yourself. Moving is tough, tough, tough.

I was just wondering why we made the decision not to move this summer.... Thanks for the reminder that getting the baby here (without a move too) is enough fun for one summer.

Soon this will be over and you will have your routine back. Good luck this week! You ran a marathon, you can do this move!!! You are amazing!