Over the weekend I went to my brother Jordan's band contest. He is the guy on the left side, on the end, playing the trumpet. At the start of this video he is playing a duet with the guy next to him. The battery on my camera was almost dead so I waited until the duet to start filming and then I let it go until the battery died. I almost made it to the end of the song. They ended up scoring all ones, which is superior, the best you can do. Good job Jordy.
I am posting this mostly for my brother Jeff, who is a band teacher, and for my sister Kylee who played in the band throughout high school and was a drum major her junior year. Both Kylee and Jeff had the same band teacher that Jordan has.
P.S. Gage was sitting on my lap kicking my leg, that is why the video is so unsteady. Gage did not appreciate the volume of the band. He wanted to cover his ears but he had tic tacs in his hands. So he had one ear up against my chest and his other ear was covered by my hand. Apparently that wasn't good enough, so he had his arm straight up in the air (he couldn't use his hands) covering his outside ear with his upper arm. We were in the front row making this scene. Too funny.
8 years ago

2 comments:
You forgot to mention how your and jordans sister Kimm might want to see this because she doesn't live there anymore!!
What a bunch of band geeks.
Love Jeff
Post a Comment