Last year in Feb. I made a decision to lose weight and get in shape. For four weeks I did the elliptical three or four times a week for three miles at a time. After four weeks I ran my first 10K race called the foothills dash. To my surprise, I finished all 6.2 miles without having to stop! And on top of that, I ended up finishing first for my age group! (It was a very small race!) So for one year, my name has been up on the web page as the first place winner. (Something that may never happen again.) I have been looking forward to defending my title and crushing my old time, maybe even winning the whole thing. (Once again, very small race.) Well, the race was last Saturday and I opted not to go. Training for this marathon has taken over my life essentially. I knew I couldn't skip my 18 mile run that was scheduled for that day because I skipped the last one due to an injury. So now someone elses name will go on the website and I will be in Utah next year so I won't be able to go for it again. I obviously am bummed, but I am glad that I skipped the race and did my training run. I need all the confidence I can get going into this marathon in 1 month and 2 days! I guess I'll have to find the smallest 10K race I can find in Utah to try and get a title once again!
Read last year's race report here.
P.S. Happy Birthday Marcie!
8 years ago

3 comments:
So did Nate get a kick out of my blog or should I live in fear?
Ever since we talked about you giving up your title I have had several dreams about this.... I am running so dang hard to win in my age division... I always wake up before the end.
You ran 18 hellish miles on Saturday...... that deserves a title in itself.
Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!
Post a Comment