Friday, March 23, 2007

Looky Lou!!

So exciting. I almost forgot that I was a winner in Mama Nirvana's "ask a question" contest until Nate said last night, "you got something in the mail." I dropped the dishes that I was doing and ran over and opened my beautiful prize, a hand made tile picture frame!! It is beautiful. I have bought things before that have said hand made on them, but never really gave it any thought. This however is SPECIAL. I actually know the person who has hand made this. There are a lot of tiles on this bad boy and I'm sure it must have taken some time! Plus, I like to imagine that each one was placed with love. (Even if she didn't know who would be the recipient at the time.) AND I have the most PERFECT picture to put in it too. However, I don't have it at the moment. Remeber how I used put all my pics on disks because there was no space on the hard drive? Well, it's on a disk somewhere and I need to find it! I am posting a pic of the frame for you all to see, but keep in mind I am going to put a different pic in it. I will post another pic later when I do.



In case your wondering why the frame is lying down, it's because I took the back off and have not quite figured out how to get it back on yet. :) But I will. I just was so excited about doing this post that I haven't really taken the time to examine it. No worries people.

Thank you, Thank you, Mama Nirvana! I love it.

2 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

I'm glad you like it. The back is tricky. There are grooves that you slide the top back part in and then slide the bottom back part in, then shimmy it in place so it is equally on the top and bottom, otherwise it pops off. Good luck finding your picture, and getting the back on.

Amy

kg said...

Looks great! Good luck tomorrow :)