8 years ago
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Not my best moment
My senior year of high school I decided to run for princess of my highschool. Every in the county had a princess and you went around and did good deeds and rode on floats in parades in a nutshell. There were 10 of us running. The coronation consisted of 5, 10 minute interviews with each judge before hand, then walking down the aisle and onto the stage to introduce my parents, reciting a 60 second speech, and finally an impromptu question. I was first in all categories. Lucky me. All was fine until the impromtu. I think all the other ladies were in the hall or something, so I was alone on stage awaiting the question. It was, "In the symphony of life, which instrument would you be and why?" My response, "I would be a trumpet because they are the loudest and the first ones you hear." Pretty sure that is not the qualities they wanted in a princess. I think they were probably looking for a refined, quiet girl that listened to oppinions and wasn't the first one you would hear. Anyway, I'm not sure why I even said that. Except I think I was thinking of when the band would play the Star-Spangled Banner and I always thought the trumpets had the most awesome part. The part that would make me arms get goose bumps. I just didn't explain that very well. I was really embarrassed by my answer. I walked off stage, knowing I'd lost, while my escort tried to tell me what a good job I did. What a good guy. There were a variety of answers from the others girls. Some did not take the question as literal as myself. I remember one said teacher and another said hands. The winner said trumpet too, I didn't hear her why though. She actually went onto be queen. I basically was very glad that I had participated. It was a very growing experience for me to have recited a speech like I did, and go through the nerves of that dumb question, not to mention the interviews. I was not super upset that I didn't win, unlike others who were crying uncontrollably. I was actually a little relieved. I would of had to quit my job, which I desperately needed, and every single saturday for months would have been taken up. I was way too into my friends for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Who thinks up those questions anyway? Your kids are going to love this story, especially Kyah...my Mommy was a princess!! Was this the dafadill thing?
Post a Comment