Sunday, March 18, 2007

Poor Gager

Last Thursday at my brother's track meet, Gage spit out his fruit snacks and wouldn't eat them. I thought it was weird and that I better not buy that brand anymore. On Friday he didn't eat very well AT ALL. Then on Saturday he could not eat at all. Yes, those green waffels, he took one bite and then had to spit it out. He did the same with mac and cheese, graham crackers, and banana bread. I started realizing something was wrong! And sure enough, this moring it was the same story. He would try to eat something and would have to spit it out. Needless to say I took him to the urgent care clinic today. I figured he had strep throat or something. However, they had no answers for me. His strep test was negative and she said his throat looked normal. I told her that literally he could not even eat a bite of food. She decided to do a full throat culture to test for all sorts of things, but we won't have the results until Tuesday. She also said I should take him to the dentist. She thought maybe he has a cavity that's bugging him. I took him straight to my friend Liz's house. (Thank you Liz!) She is a dentist and was more than happy to give him look just to see if she thought something was up. (I didn't think the first Dr. looked in his mouth very well.) Gage was sick of having people look in his mouth and wasn't very cooperative. BUT, she did think she saw a cavity. She also said that this was probably NOT the problem, especially since he can chew food, he just can't swallow. PLUS, he says it's his throat that hurts. Anyway, I feel like a failure as a mother knowing that my three year old has a cavity! And, I'm frustrated not knowing why my poor guy can't eat. Has this happened to any of your children before????

2 comments:

kg said...

Poor Gage! don't worry about his cavity, at least it's not his permanant teeth. I hope that figure out the throat thing asap...Grant hasn't had a sore throat that I know of, but whenever I have it's been bad and I haven't wanted to eat anything, so I can imagine what it's like for a three year old...hopefully it's just a bug and will go away, soon!

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

The poor thing! Hopefully you figure out what is wrong and soon! Is he eating anything? I feel so bad because little children can't express themselves very well. Oh, poor Gage!