Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Momma...again. And one of my most embarrassing moments.

She is cracking me up. I spent the day at her house yesterday and she says to me,"I did another good deed for you to write about in your blog." I'm sure she didn't imagine I would write that part, but I think it's funny.

She was at the dueling piano club called Chopstix. Basically you eat dinner at your table, most people do drink as well-(not my mom), and you watch these two piano players go back and forth playing songs that the crowd has suggested they play. They sing along too. They try to interact with the crowd and so sometimes everyone sings along or people dance, etc. Anyway, my mom watched this girl walk infront of everyone with her skirt way tucked up into her undies! My mom politely got up out of her chair and shielded this girls buns from the rest of the crowd while she told her that her skirt was tucked up. The girl promptly thanked my mother and everyone had a great evening. Good job Mom. If only there would have been someone there like that for me when I had one of my most embarrassing moments.

Rewind to 11th grade. I was 16 years old. I had a huge crush on this boy. I got to school pretty early on this spring day and knew that I was looking cute in my new sun dress. As I turned the corner down the hallway where my locker was, I could not believe my eyes, there he was, my crush. How lucky was it that he was sitting in the window sill at the intersection of the next hallway down. Yes, it was just me and him and I was confident that he was admiring my new dress. I went to my locker, got my books, and headed for the cafeteria. To get to the cafeteria I had to go to the intersection where he sat and take a left, which would put him looking at my backside. I said hi as I walked by and gave him my best smile. I was on cloud nine knowing that I had just made a GREAT impression. I went to the cafeteria which had a significant amount of people in it just waiting for school to start and eating breakfast. I walked past them all and got a bagel at the front. On my way back, a young man yelled, "Hey baby, your underwear are showing." I kind of heard him, but really wasn't paying attention. Then I heard it again, "Hey baby, your underwear are showing!" Realizing he COULD be talking to me I quickly walked into a nearby doorway cubby to examine my behind. As I was walking I was thinking, please God, do not let him be talking to me!!!!! I got to the cubby and reached my hand around and sure enough, my undies were totally hanging out! My little sun dress was 100 percent tucked up into my backpack........AND ontop of that, I was wearing these beige pair of underwear that were suppose to suck in my stomach.(Which was rediculous) Totally "Grannie Pannies." Oh the horror. Not to mention I did not have nylons on. Then I realized, there was no possible way that my crush did not notice! It was him and me in that hallway, no one else. AND I had sixth period with him. Now, today's Angela would have went to sixth period like no big deal and would ask him why he didn't tell me my undies were hanging out and probably would have joked with him. However, 16 year old Angela was way too embarrassed to even look at him. We sat right by each other too. I was totally mortified about this incident for a long time after that. Needless to say, we never did go on any dates! Today I laugh, then, I'm sure I cried!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOH my goodness Angela!!! I'm sorry, I would have been mortified too. Maybe it was a blessing in a way because you didn't date him and got to marry Nathan? :)