Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Jordan!




My brother Jordan turns 16 today. Where do I even begin. He is child number 8 of 9 in my family. Jordan is definitely a ray of sunshine in our family. He is the kind of boy that is always smiling and happy. Not much gets this kid down. He is the BRAIN of our family! He knows all sorts of stuff. If there is ever a disagreement over a fact, and Jordy comes in and says what the real fact is, we all take it for truth and move on. The kids has a sponge for a brain. Not only that, he is also a reader. He has been reading since a very early age. I can remember being at basketball games for other siblings, and Jordy would be laying on the bleachers reading a book. When he was in 4th grade, he tested at a 10th grade reading level. The kid is a genius (at least by our standards!). Jordan is also the helper of the family. Granted, just about all of my siblings are helpers, but Jordan is different. He never will complain if he is asked to help out, he just willingly does it. Last year I had a scary situation at the apartment where I had opened my front door to leave, and then ran to the kids bedroom to get a spitup rag, and when I came back two seconds later a lady was standing in the doorway. She began asking me for pain pills and wasn't believing that I didn't have any. With Gage already out the front door, I was really nervous. He ended up falling down and running back to me crying. This broke the tension with the lady and she reached for Gage as he came back. Luckily he freaked out even worse and she left. She ended up going into a truck on the road and sitting there with another man. I called my mom's house and gave a brief version of what happened and told Kimm, who answered the phone, to get over to my apartment immediately. Apparently when Kimm was running out the door, she yelled that a stranger was in my apt. and she was coming over. Jordy heard this and hopped in the car with her. As I'm watching out my window waiting for Kimm, I see her car coming down the road. Before it could turn the corner and then into the parking lot, I see Jordan jump out of the moving car, seriously it was still going, and sprint to my front door ready to take down whoever may be harming me and the kids. Lucky for this pill-seeking woman and her boyfriend, they were gone when Jordan got there. Jordan has such a good heart.
I often call him George and so does my mom. It all stems from when he was a baby. I called him Georgia once and Kimm FREAKED out yelling that he was NOT a girl. Given that I was 12 and Kimm was 14, I appreciated making her upset and called him Georgia all the time. It eventually got shortened to George, even though now and then a Georgia does escape my tongue.
So here's to you Georgia, George, Jordy, Jordy-Boy, Jordan. Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: