Too often I get bogged down by the amazingly huge task of being a mother and forget how wonderful it really is! Today, I thank God for that task. How blessed am I to be the mother of two beautiful children?! I'm thankful for knowing the kind of love that only comes from a mother to her children. For experiencing the instant love that comes when a new baby is placed in the arms of a mother. I'm thankful for knowing the joy that comes from a first laugh, smile, step, tooth, or word. I'm thankful for the unconditional love that comes from a child to their mother. I'm thankful for every moment I have had with my beautiful babies. Snot, coughs, messes, tears, sleepless nights, moments that I want to pull my hair out, outreached arms for me, endless kisses, little giggles, bracelets, books, crayons, cars, snuggles, family prayers, every milestone: I'm truly grateful for it all! Today, I thank God for the gift of being a mother, for giving me the ability to be nurturing and loving to the most important children in the world. A huge task, yes. A Divine God given task, yes. One I Cherish and embrace.
1 comment:
Isn't it a wonderful thing, being a mother. It's fun being able to share this experience together, swapping stories :-)
Post a Comment