Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

We arrived home early this morning after being gone for 11 days!! While we certainly had a wonderful time, it's great to be home! I'm not going to miss the rude drivers of Boston, crying babies on airplanes, or living out of our suitcases. I will miss Nate's family, his mom's great dinners, KYLEE, and no cleaning or cooking!
For those of you who don't know what this trip was all about, let me explain. We left on Friday the 20th and flew to SLC to be with Nate's family. Then we took a red eye to Boston on Monday night the 23rd. We rested on Tuesday and then on Wed. we were off to New Haven, CT to visit Yale. (A 2 1/2 hour drive). Nate visited with the admissions people of the Business School and then sat in on a class, me with the dean and then had lunch with MBA students. Nate really loved everything about Yale.

Doesn't he just look like he belongs!

I too really LOVED LOVED LOVED Yale! It is hands down the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. Trust me, more pictures will be coming!

On Wed, we were off the Harvard. Nate basically had the same sort of schedule that he had at Yale, only his visit with MBA students was with fellow Mormons that belonged to the LDSSA club which Nate belonged to while at BYU. While the outside of Harvard was not quite nearly as impressive as Yale, Nate said the inside of the facilities was amazing and blew Yale out of the water. Harvard is also located in a much much bigger city, which I was not a fan of. My favorite part was definitely the football field!! LOVED IT.



It is basically a colliseum in the shape of a U.

Nate felt like these visits were a success in that he accomplished his goals of meeting with students and getting great tips to getting accepted to the MBA program, making connections with the addmissions people, and getting a feel for each program.



My man with the man, John Harvard! I'm really proud of Nate for his dedication and hard work in making his dream of going to a top ten business school a reality. He is probably the most driven person I know!

After our visit to Harvard we drove down town Boston and took a Duck Tour. It was really neat and we were able to see many historical sites. Then we got lost and it took an hour and a half to find a freeway entrance. People in Boston are the meanest/worst drivers of all time. I won't be sad if I NEVER drive downtown Boston again. However, the people you meet in restaurants and stores are very nice. I was very surprised by how HUGE Boston is! WOW. Anyway, we went back to SLC on Friday the 27th, and then finally home sweet home today. I'm sure there will be a few more posts about this trip! It's great to be back blogging again! I hope you'll stay tuned!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you had fun, but it's nice to have you back. See you Saturday :-) Can you believe our boys turn 4 this month. WOW.