Thursday, May 10, 2007

I have a lot to learn!

I had my first photo shoot with a family! I was really exited. They really wanted a picture in front of a rhododendron bush by the temple. (They had their engagement photo there and want a family photo by it every year.) Piece of cake right? WRONG! I don't know what happened, but 85 % of my pictures turned out like this!! So yes, come to me if you would like a blurry family photo.



I basically was really frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to focus when there was more than one person in the photo. Uggggg. Looking back, I wish I would have just put the thing on fully automatic. I was also frustrated because I didn't want my friends to feel like I wasted their time. (They were super nice.) Also, I just really want to be a good photographer, no, a great photographer. It's frustrating when I have an idea in my mind, but can't get the camera to do it! However, I did learn things from this photo shoot, and I did get a few good shots. Once again, I haven't photoshopped them yet. (I'm ready to go out and buy a new version if we don't find the disk soon!!)







2 comments:

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

Don't be sooooo critical of your work! My heart melted when I saw the little boy picture! If you haven't shown them ALL the pictures already pick out the best of the best and give them those as options :)! Even when you go to a sit down photography place I am sure that they don't show every picture but only the best. As for the blurryness, I have no idea what to suggest but when you figure it out let me know :) so I can master that skill too! They were all great pictures I really enjoyed the last one too! Good job! (Whew, I think this comment could be a short book ;)!

kg said...

Totally understand, that's what happened when I took pics of Amy's boys...hard to focus, which lens were you using? Love the little boy and his tongue! I'm sure they loved the pics!